- Last Updated on 07 July 2015
Who is MENANPUD?
The Middle East and North Africa Network of/for People who use Drugs, is a Support group of activists drug users from the MENA region.
Objective, Goals & Mission:
Our group raises the voice of the Drug users and empowers them to advocate for their rights. We promote harm reduction and spread awareness around related issues. Our aim is to unite the efforts of the drug users in the MENA region and stand against discrimination.
Summary on the current activities:
- Meeting of all the members in Beirut (August 2014)
- Participation to the “Support don’t punish”campaign with a Graffiti of the slogan painted in Beirut
- Launching a Facebook Page with a Position statement released on the International Drug Users day
- Participation to the Middle East and Central and South-East Europe Cross regional Exchange Meeting
- Launching a petition on the International AIDS Day to support the decriminalisation of the Drug Users in the region
Who can join the network?
For those who which to join our group, contact us on:
Or send a message on our Facebook page: MENANPUD
and we’ll get back to you.